Places on the scorch of the earth that I've been to
These include, in alphabetical order by ISO-code:
- ad (Andorra): been there with the choir, during the last
year that I was not yet too old to do so; so that's about 2003.
- ar (Argentina): DebConf8
- at (Austria): been there ages ago, with another
choir, on a summer trip. Must've been like 12 or so. Don't remember much
of that trip. Then I went there again in the summer of 2005 (Vienna),
with the ensemble on a
daytrip, after visiting Bratislava
- au (Australia): the farthest I've been away thus far (and
probably the farthest I'll ever be away, unless I ever happen to visit
either New Sealand or another planet in our solar system). Wonderful
trip during the summer (winter over there) of 2001, with the
- be (Belgium): Happens to be where I was born (and still
- cz (Czech Republic): Faintly remember having been in Prague
some day. Don't recall when exactly, though.
- de (Germany): Mostly when passing through to other countries,
never actually slept there or anything. Except in September 2005,
during the Oldenburg meeting.
- es (Spain): Been to Vitoria while I was 16, on a trip with the
choir. First trip I joined them. Remember fainting in a church while doing a
performance... didn't take proper care of my breathing.
- fi (Finland): Have been to Helsinki in 2005 for DebConf5
- fr (France): Been there a few times; once on a family trip
ages ago, once with the ensemble to the French
Ardennes in 2002.
- hu (Hungaria): Been there on a music camp some time ago.
Don't remember much details, except being in love with a girl back then
- ie (Ireland): Two days in 2007. On a business trip for a few days
in 2008, too.
- it (Italy): Went there in my senior's year while on high
school. One of the better trips of my life; visited much of Italy,
including the Vatican.
- lv (Latvia): The second trip I did while in Cantilene. We
also went to Poland (Warsawa) for a few days during that period. Visited
lots of Riga (Latvia's capital); I remember having been silly enough to
forget my backpack somewhere while on the way to the airport, and having
to rush by taxi to go back and get it...
- lu (Luxembourg): Been there a few times passing through.
Also visited it once for business, slept there one night.
- nl (The Netherlands): Been there more than I can count; .nl
is only a few kilometers from where I live, and we often go there on
Sundays when the shops are closed in Belgium, but not necessarily in The
Netherlands. Also been to Friesland (the upper north of .nl) for a week
with the choir, mostly to do rehearsals.
- pl (Poland): Been there with the choir, on the same trip that
brought me to Latvia.
- sk (Slovakia): Trip with the ensemble in 2005, to
Bratislava (capital of .sk). Which is a very nice city,
- uk (United Kingdom): Daytrip with family, some 7-ish year ago.
Also passed there while en-route to Australia. Went to visit Steve for his barbecue in 2006.
- us (United States): DebConf10, in 2010.
- va (Vatican City): visited in 1997, while also visiting
much of the rest of Italy.
Graphically, that ends up like this:
create your own visited countries map