Places on the scorch of the earth that I've been to
These include, in alphabetical order by ISO-code:
- ad (Andorra): been there with the choir, during the last
year that I was not yet too old to do so; so that's about 2003.
- ar (Argentina): DebConf8
- at (Austria): been there ages ago, with another
choir, on a summer trip. Must've been like 12 or so. Don't remember much
of that trip. Then I went there again in the summer of 2005 (Vienna),
with the ensemble on a
daytrip, after visiting Bratislava
- au (Australia): the farthest I've been away thus far (and
probably the farthest I'll ever be away, unless I ever happen to visit
either New Sealand or another planet in our solar system). Wonderful
trip during the summer (winter over there) of 2001, with the
- ba (Bosnia and Herzegovina): DebConf11
- be (Belgium): Happens to be where I was born (and still
- ch (Switzerland): DebConf13
- cz (Czech Republic): Faintly remember having been in Prague
some day. Don't recall when exactly, though.
- de (Germany): Mostly when passing through to other countries,
never actually slept there or anything. Except in September 2005,
during the Oldenburg meeting.
- es (Spain): Been to Vitoria while I was 16, on a trip with the
choir. First trip I joined them. Remember fainting in a church while doing a
performance... didn't take proper care of my breathing.
- fi (Finland): Have been to Helsinki in 2005 for DebConf5
- fr (France): Been there a few times; once on a family trip
ages ago, once with the ensemble to the French
Ardennes in 2002.
- hu (Hungaria): Been there on a music camp some time ago.
Don't remember much details, except being in love with a girl back then
- ie (Ireland): Two days in 2007. On a business trip for a few days
in 2008, too.
- it (Italy): Went there in my senior's year while on high
school. One of the better trips of my life; visited much of Italy,
including the Vatican.
- lv (Latvia): The second trip I did while in Cantilene. We
also went to Poland (Warsawa) for a few days during that period. Visited
lots of Riga (Latvia's capital); I remember having been silly enough to
forget my backpack somewhere while on the way to the airport, and having
to rush by taxi to go back and get it...
- lu (Luxembourg): Been there a few times passing through.
Also visited it once for business, slept there one night.
- ni (Nicaragua): DebConf12
- nl (The Netherlands): Been there more than I can count; .nl
is only a few kilometers from where I used to live, and we often went
there on Sundays when the shops are closed in Belgium, but not
necessarily in The Netherlands. Also been to Friesland (the upper north
of .nl) for a week with the choir, mostly to do rehearsals.
- pl (Poland): Been there with the choir, on the same trip that
brought me to Latvia.
- sk (Slovakia): Trip with the ensemble in 2005, to
Bratislava (capital of .sk). Which is a very nice city,
- uk (United Kingdom): Daytrip with family, some 7-ish year ago.
Also passed there while en-route to Australia. Went to visit Steve for his barbecue in 2006.
- us (United States): DebConf10, in 2010.
- va (Vatican City): visited in 1997, while also visiting
much of the rest of Italy.
Graphically, that ends up like this:
create your own visited countries map